Veg Manchurian Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
the first thing that comes to mind when we have to order a Veg starter is Veg Manchurian.this super hot and spicy veg Manchurian is almost available at all restaurants & street food centers across India.I prefer eating at the restaurant than making at home.but the only thing that bothers me is oil.they add a little more oil than usual.I feel very thirsty after having this.
preparing this dish is neither too hard nor too easy.the outcome of the dish depends on how you prepare the veg balls mixture.you shouldn’t add even a single drop of water to prepare the mixture.the moisture in the vegetables is enough to mix the mixture.the mixture should be hard enough to bind into balls.you can adjust the quantity of corn flour and Maida/all purpose flour to achieve the correct consistency.but adding too much of them is not good.the balls may turn too hard after deep-frying.so it’s better to squeeze out the water from the vegetables before preparing the mixture.Otherwise, the veg balls may absorb a lot of oil or they may split into small pieces while deep-frying.
this is the dry version of Veg Manchurian recipe.if you want gravy you can add more cornstarch and prepare the gravy.all the seasonings should be added accordingly.you can add the vegetables that are available at your home.you can skip or add other vegetables.hey, not the bitter gourds or any other gourds, ok! :).I hope you try and enjoy this super tasty recipe.
you may also like
Chicken Noodles with Mustard Sauce and Honey Recipe
Boiling the Plain Noodles Recipe
Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
Schezwan Chicken Recipe
Chinese Egg Noodles Recipe
Chicken Momos Recipe
Momos Chutney Recipe
Text Version of Veg Manchurian Recipe
- 250 grams cabbage finely shredded
- 1 no or 20 grams carrot
- 1/3 cup or 50 grams green peas slightly crushed
- ¼ cup or 30 grams French beans finely chopped
- ¼ cup or 30 grams capsicum finely chopped
- 1 tbsp red chili paste
- Salt as required
- 3 to 4 tbsp corn flour
- 3 to 4 tbsp Maida/all-purpose flour
- a pinch of red food color
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- A little salt
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 cup or 250 ml water
- 1/3 cup or 30 grams spring onion bulbs
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 2 tbsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp pepper powder
- 2 tbsp spring onions chopped
- Take a mixing bowl, add chopped vegetables, chopped ginger, salt, red chili paste, a pinch of food color, corn flour, Maida/all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into equal parts or into small lemon-sized balls and keep aside.
- Heat oil for deep-frying
- When the oil is hot, leave the veg balls one by one carefully into the oil.
- Fry until they turn nice orange-red color and take them onto a paper towel and keep aside.
- Mix 1tbsp of corn flour with 1 cup(250 ml) water and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan.Add chopped ginger garlic, spring onion bulbs, capsicum and sauté for a minute.
- Add a little salt, vinegar, dark soy sauce, black pepper powder, red chili powder, red chili paste and mix well.
- Add the cornstarch and mix until it starts bubbling.
- When it starts to bubble, add the fried veg balls, mix well and cook until the gravy disappears.
Add finely chopped spring onion before you turn off the flame and serve hot.
Video Version of Veg Manchurian Recipe