Mirchi pakoda is a very tempting snack item.Everyone including children like to eat them. I like to prepare them when it is raining outside. I always wonder about “the connection between rain and appetite”. My stomach starts growling and insists me to do this recipe.
This is a famous street food in Andhra. They used to cut mirchi pakodas into halves and deep fry them agian. They are called as “Cut Mirchi”.Mirchis are usually served with tomato chutney,onions and lemon.
However,I personally suggest you to prepare this recipe occasionally. persons having gastric problems,stomach ulcers are not supposed to eat this.
Text version of Mirchi Pakoda
- chickpea flour (Besan) -1 cup
- green Chillies(big)-10
- eating Soda-1/4 tsp
- rice flour-2 tbsp
- tamarind-one big lemon sized
- carom seeds (ajwain)-2 tbsp
- amchur powder-1 tbsp
- Salt-to taste
- oil-for deep frying
- put ajwain,besan,amchur powder in a mixer jar and pound them.(keep one 1 tbsp of this powder for mixing in batter)
- microwave soaked tamarind for 2 minutes and make a fine paste.
- mix above two and keep it aside.
- rinse green chillies thoroughly,make slits with a needle or a knife and remove the seeds.
- next stuff all the chillies with the chilli fritters paste.
- Take a bowl,add chickpea flour,rice flour,baking soda,salt,leftover (ajwain,besan & amchur) powder and mix it with enough water to make a medium thick batter.
- heat enough oil for deep fry.
- when the oil is heated dip each green chilli in batter and leave them in oil slowly.
- fry them till they turn into golden brown color.
Video version of Mirchi Pakoda