Mushroom Pulao Recipe with step by step instructions.తెలుగు వెర్షన్.
Before I started food blogging I used to think that vegetarian food is very boring. vegetarians have very few options when compared to non-vegetarians. same food on weekdays and weekends. I never used to prepare vegetarian food on weekends. it was a crime for us 😉😊.
as a blogger, I had to make all the recipes. but lately, I found that I was wrong. even the vegetarians have so many options. started cooking vegetarian food on weekends now. I prepared some weekend special recipes like Brinjal/Egg Plant biryani, Gobi Biryani, Coriander Pulao, Paneer Pulao, meal maker/soya nuggets pulao, etc.
This Mushroom Pulao recipe tastes amazing. please try to use homemade pulao masala for better taste. I have already posted the Pulao Masala Recipe. Click here for the recipe Pulao masala. you can also add paneer to this pulao for a little variation. or you can also add vegetables like carrot, beetroot, cauliflower, french beans. I have given ghee in the ingredients list. adding ghee really enhances the taste of the pulao.
it can be prepared as a lunch box recipe. picky eating children will really enjoy the Pulao. This pulao tastes good when served Khurma and raitha. but it tastes really good without any accompaniment. I hope you try and enjoy this amazing Mushroom Pulao Recipe.
you may also like
Baingan Biryani/Brinjal Biryani Recipe
Gobi Biryani/Cauliflower Biryani Recipe
Schezwan Fried Rice Recipe
Instant Pulihora Mix Recipe
Coriander Rice Recipe
Beetroot Pulao Recipe
Hyderabadi Khichdi Recipe
Meal Maker/Soya Chunks Pulao Recipe
Vegetable Dum Biryani Recipe
Pudina/Mint Rice Recipe
Text Version of Mushroom Pulao Recipe
- 250 g Basmati Rice
- 200 g mushrooms
- 1/3 cup cashew nuts
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 green chilies
- 1 medium tomato
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 ½ tsp pulao masala
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 star anise
- 4 cardamoms
- 1 strand mace
- ½ inch cinnamon stick
- 4 cloves
- 1 Bay leaf
- 3 cups water (use the same cup used for rice)
- Salt as needed
- Soak basmati rice in water for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, thinly slice the onions, green chilies and chop the mushrooms.
- Rinse the basmati rice for 2 to 3 times and keep aside.
- Heat ghee and oil in a cooking pot, add star anise, mace, bay leaf, cloves, cardamom, cinnamon, cashew nuts and roast until the cashew nuts turn light brown.
- Add thinly sliced onions, green chilies, salt and sauté until they turn soft.
Add ginger garlic paste until the raw flavor is gone.
- Later, add pulao masala, yogurt, chopped mushrooms, mix well and cook for 3 to 5minutes.
- pour water, mix It once and taste the water. add salt if required.
- Put 1 tbsp ghee. add Mint leaves, coriander leaves, and bring to a boil.
- When the water starts to boil, add the soaked rice and mix well.
- When it starts to boil, mix for once and cover it with lid.
- Cook until the rice is perfectly done.